Blue Mountain Barn
Scalby, Scarborough, Yorkshire
Situated on the Duchy of Lancaster Estate, Blue Mountain Barn has been skilfully converted to a very high standard, retaining many original oak beams and trusses. Standing detached and totally secluded, Blue Mountain Barn commands stunning far-reaching views to the sea and Scarborough Castle. This idyllic holiday location boasts excellent walking and cycling from the doorstep and is ideally placed to explore the North Yorkshire Moors National Park and the Yorkshire Heritage coastline. Shops and pub 1 mile. Guests can also use the leisure facilities at nearby Scalby Lodge.
The single level accommodation comprises open plan sitting room / dining room and kitchen, a double bedroom with en-suite shower room, twin bedroom and family bathroom.
The living area has a Yorkshire stone floor, subtle lighting and quality soft furnishings. Freeview TV with DVD player & stereo system.
The double bedroom has a superking bed, TV with Freeview and an en-suite shower room. There is a twin bedroom, TV with Freeview and a family bathroom with traditional sanitary ware and a shower over the bath.
Blue Mountain Barn has a well equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, ceramic hob, oven and washing machine.
Blue Mountain Barn has full central heating and all towels and linen are provided. All electricity and heating is included in the tariff, together with a welcome pack and complimentary toiletries.
Blue Mountain Barn has ample parking, its own lawned garden with terrace area, garden furniture and a barbecue.
A travel cot and high chair are available at no charge on request.
- Enjoy stunning walks along the Cleveland Way.
- Visit the RSPB Bempton Cliffs Bird Sanctuary – a paradise for bird spotters
- Take in a show at Scarborough’s Open Air Theatre – Europe’s largest open-air theatre which has played host to world-famous acts such as Elton John and Katherine Jenkins.
- Learn more about the town’s history at its 12th-century castle.
- Walk along Scarborough’s two beautiful beaches at North and South Bay
- Visit the town’s eclectic mix of shops, dine in its wide choice of restaurants or take in an Alan Ayckbourn play at the theatre.
- Castle Howard, Yorkshire’s finest house and gardens is only 30 miles away. Brideshead Revisted was filmed at Castle Howard.
- Meander along Scarborough’s esplande which has been featured in hit television shows The Royal and Heartbeat.
- The historic port of Whitby is a 30-minute drive North of Scarborough – renowned for its connection with Dracula.
- Whitby is also the departure point for the North York Moors Railway steam train which traverses the county’s dramatic scenery.
- The cathedral city of York is just over an hour’s drive away, whilst the cosmopolitan shopping mecca of Leeds is one and a half hour’s drive from Blue Mountain Barn.
A maximum of 2 well behaved dogs can be accommodated by prior arrangement and at an additional charge of £30 per dog per week or part thereof.
Smoking within the house is not permitted.
- Property map
All our properties come with all the home comforts you would expect, including:
- Towels and linen
- Electricity and heating