Scalby Lodge, Scarborough,Yorkshire
Tweedmouth Cottage is a beautiful barn conversion at Scalby Lodge situated in an idyllic cliff top setting near the seaside town of Scarborough. The cottage is an ideal location from which to explore both the North York Moors National Park and the glorious Heritage Coast of Yorkshire.
The accommodation comprises large open plan living / dining room and kitchen, 2 double bedrooms, each with an en-suite shower room and a twin bedroom with separate family bathroom.
Tweedmouth Cottage has a large living/dining kitchen area. The sitting room has subtle lighting and quality soft furnishings. Freeview TV with DVD player & iPod docking system. Books, games and DVD’s are available from a central library.
The kitchen is well equipped with microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, cooker with ceramic hob, oven and washer dryer.
There are 2 double bedrooms, both with king size beds, en-suite shower rooms & TV’s with Freeview. There is a twin bedrooms and a family bathroom with traditional sanitary ware and shower over the bath.
Tweedmouth Cottage has full central heating and all towels and linen are provided. All electricity and heating is included in the tariff, together with a welcome pack and complimentary toiletries. Wireless internet broadband is available.
The cottage has its own external terrace area and garden with garden furniture and a barbecue.
A travel cot and high chair are available at no charge on request.
A maximum of 2 well behaved dogs can be accommodated by prior arrangement and at an additional charge of £30 per dog per week or part thereof.
Smoking within the house is not permitted.
- Enjoy stunning walks along the Cleveland Way.
- Visit the RSPB Bempton Cliffs Bird Sanctuary – a paradise for bird spotters
- Take in a show at Scarborough’s Open Air Theatre – Europe’s largest open-air theatre which has played host to world-famous acts such as Elton John and Katherine Jenkins.
- Learn more about the town’s history at its 12th-century castle.
- Walk along Scarborough’s two beautiful beaches at North and South Bay
- Visit the town’s eclectic mix of shops, dine in its wide choice of restaurants or take in an Alan Ayckbourn play at the theatre.
- Castle Howard, Yorkshire’s finest house and gardens is only 30 miles away. Brideshead Revisted was filmed at Castle Howard.
- Meander along Scarborough’s esplande which has been featured in hit television shows The Royal and Heartbeat.
- The historic port of Whitby is a 30-minute drive North of Scarborough – renowned for its connection with Dracula.
- Whitby is also the departure point for the North York Moors Railway steam train which traverses the county’s dramatic scenery.
- The cathedral city of York is just over an hour’s drive away, whilst the cosmopolitan shopping mecca of Leeds is one and a half hour’s drive from Scalby.
Tweedmouth Scalby Lodge, Scarborough,Yorkshire
View large version
- Property map
Download the access statement for Access statement
All our properties come with all the home comforts you would expect, including:
- Towels and linen
- Free wi-fi
- Electricity and heating included
- Welcome pack
- Complimentary toiletries
- Flat screen TV
- iPod docking station
- DVD and book library in games room.
- Washing machine
- Enclosed garden with seating.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Children’s play area
- Games room with pool table, DVD/book library and useful tourist information
- Secure car parking
- Wildflower meadow
- Bird-watching hide and pond