Scalby Lodge, Scarborough,Yorkshire
Scarborough Cottage is a beautiful barn conversion at Scalby Lodge situated in an idyllic cliff top setting near the seaside town of Scarborough. The cottage is an ideal location from which to explore both the North York Moors National Park and the glorious Heritage Coast of Yorkshire. Scarborough Cottage enjoys unrestricted views along the coast.The accommodation is suitable for wheelchair use.
The 2 storey accommodation comprises large open-plan living/dining room with wood-burning stove and well-equipped kitchen area, a double bedroom with en-suite wet room suitable for wheelchair use and a separate cloakroom on the ground floor and 1 double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and 2 twin bedrooms with a family bathroom. Scarborough Cottage is suitable for disabled guests (M2 compliant).
The living area has a wood burning stove (initial logs provided), subtle lighting and quality soft furnishings. French doors lead to the garden area which enjoys glorious unrestricted views over the wildflower meadow and coast. Freeview TV with DVD player & iPod docking station. Books, games and DVD’s are available from a central library.
Scarborough Cottage has a well equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, ceramic hob, oven and combined washer dryer.
The ground floor double bedroom has a TV’s with Freeview and an en-suite wet room with shower suitable for wheelchair use. There is a separate ground floor cloakroom.
On the first floor, there is a double bedroom with a superking bed, TV with Freeview and an en suite bathroom with separate shower cubicle.There are two twin bedrooms and a family bathroom with traditional sanitary ware and a shower over the bath.
The cottage has full central heating and all towels and linen are provided. All electricity and heating is included in the tariff, together with a welcome pack and complimentary toiletries. Wireless internet broadband is available.
Scarborough Cottage has its own extensive garden area with garden furniture and a barbecue and enjoys unrestricted views over the wild flower meadow and the coast. Please note that the ground surface is level, flat and gravelled.
A travel cot and high chair are available at no charge on request.
Smoking within the house is not permitted.
- Enjoy stunning walks along the Cleveland Way.
- Visit the RSPB Bempton Cliffs Bird Sanctuary – a paradise for bird spotters
- Take in a show at Scarborough’s Open Air Theatre – Europe’s largest open-air theatre which has played host to world-famous acts such as Elton John and Katherine Jenkins.
- Learn more about the town’s history at its 12th-century castle.
- Walk along Scarborough’s two beautiful beaches at North and South Bay
- Visit the town’s eclectic mix of shops, dine in its wide choice of restaurants or take in an Alan Ayckbourn play at the theatre.
- Castle Howard, Yorkshire’s finest house and gardens is only 30 miles away. Brideshead Revisted was filmed at Castle Howard.
- Meander along Scarborough’s esplande which has been featured in hit television shows The Royal and Heartbeat.
- The historic port of Whitby is a 30-minute drive North of Scarborough – renowned for its connection with Dracula.
- Whitby is also the departure point for the North York Moors Railway steam train which traverses the county’s dramatic scenery.
- The cathedral city of York is just over an hour’s drive away, whilst the cosmopolitan shopping mecca of Leeds is one and a half hour’s drive from Scalby.
- Property map
All our properties come with all the home comforts you would expect, including:
- Towels and linen
- Free wi-fi
- Electricity and heating included
- Welcome pack
- Complimentary toiletries
- Flat screen TV
- DVD and book library in games room.
- Washing machine /tumble dryer
- Enclosed garden with seating.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.