Scalby Lodge, Scarborough,Yorkshire
Fortescue Cottage is a beautiful barn conversion at Scalby Lodge situated in an idyllic cliff top setting near the seaside town of Scarborough. The cottage is an ideal location from which to explore both the North York Moors National Park and the glorious Heritage Coast of Yorkshire. Fortescue Cottage enjoys unrestricted views along the coast. The accommodation is suitable for wheelchair use.
The single level accommodation comprises open plan sitting room / dining room and kitchen, a double bedroom, twin bedroom and wet room. Fortescue is suitable for disabled guests (M2 compliant).
The living area has a wood burning stove (some logs provided), subtle lighting and quality soft furnishings. Freeview TV with DVD player & iPod dock. Books, games and DVD’s are available from a central library. French doors lead to the garden enjoying magnificent coastal views over a wild flower meadow.
The double bedroom has a king size bed and TV with Freeview. There is a twin bedroom and a wet room equipped with shower, wash basin and toilet.
Fortescue Cottage has a well equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, ceramic hob, oven and washer dryer.
Fortescue Cottage has full central heating and all towels and linen are provided. All electricity and heating is included in the tariff, together with a welcome pack and complimentary toiletries. Wireless internet broadband is available.
The cottage has its own external terrace area and garden with garden furniture and a barbecue. Please note that the ground surface is level, flat and gravelled.
A travel cot and high chair are available at no charge on request.
Regrettably pets are not allowed and smoking is not permitted inside the cottage.
- Enjoy stunning walks along the Cleveland Way.
- Visit the RSPB Bempton Cliffs Bird Sanctuary – a paradise for bird spotters
- Take in a show at Scarborough’s Open Air Theatre – Europe’s largest open-air theatre which has played host to world-famous acts such as Elton John and Katherine Jenkins.
- Learn more about the town’s history at its 12th-century castle.
- Walk along Scarborough’s two beautiful beaches at North and South Bay
- Visit the town’s eclectic mix of shops, dine in its wide choice of restaurants or take in an Alan Ayckbourn play at the theatre.
- Castle Howard, Yorkshire’s finest house and gardens is only 30 miles away. Brideshead Revisted was filmed at Castle Howard.
- Meander along Scarborough’s esplande which has been featured in hit television shows The Royal and Heartbeat.
- The historic port of Whitby is a 30-minute drive North of Scarborough – renowned for its connection with Dracula.
- Whitby is also the departure point for the North York Moors Railway steam train which traverses the county’s dramatic scenery.
- The cathedral city of York is just over an hour’s drive away, whilst the cosmopolitan shopping mecca of Leeds is one and a half hour’s drive from Scalby.
Fortescue Scalby Lodge, Scarborough,Yorkshire
View large version
- Property map
All our properties come with all the home comforts you would expect, including:
- Towels and linen
- Free wi-fi
- Electricity and heating included
- Welcome pack
- Complimentary toiletries
- Flat screen TV
- iPod docking station
- DVD and book library in games room.
- Washing machine
- Enclosed garden with seating.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.